Goal of position
This position encompasses all aspects of managing the technical sales with the customer and aligning proposed solutions with the client’s technical requirements. The Sales Engineer's responsibilities include maintaining extensive knowledge of the products' parts, functions, and processes and assisting to close sales where technical expertise may be required to fit the clients' needs. He will also grow existing business by developing business relationships with existing clients and generating additional sales opportunities.
Tasks and Duties:
- Develop and conduct technical presentations and demonstrate products to potential customers.
- Have a good understanding of the design, architecture and functionality of different solutions and products.
- Write technical documents required in the sales process and RFI/RFP responses.
- Identify current and future customer requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events.
- Provide product technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepare quotes to prospective customers.
- Prepare sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information.
- Contribute to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-term issues that must be addressed, recommending options and courses of action.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Meet with clients for sales presentations.
- Plan detailed presentations that show clients product info, pricing, and benefits.
- Follow up with PM and technical team on projects execution to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with the Technical Support Team on the resolution of customer issues.
- Work actively with Product managers on improving the products and functionalities.
BS in CCE
- At least 1-year experience of applied technical sales experience, preferably in the telecom industry i.e. conducting technical demos and preparing commercial and technical proposals.
- Experience in any of the following is a plus: OSS/BSS, Fraud Management System, Interconnect, Revenue Assurance.
- Experience in networking and infrastructure is a plus.
- Ability to approach sales and build customer relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Negotiation and social problem-solving skills.
- Strong teamwork ability.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask effectively.
- French language is a plus.
Willingness and ability to travel.